I know that every Friday I’m saying the same thing but it feels so weird! It’s like I wake up, it’s Monday and then someone presses fast-forward and here I am writing yet another High Five Friday post, to link up with beautiful Angela over at Happy Fit Mama 🙂
This time though it is indeed Fri-YAY, since I had a quite challenging work week and I am very grateful that the weekend is here! Sometimes science can be so frustrating… spent a good part of this week trying to make a part of my equipment work and nothing, and then out of the blue today it just worked! :O What can I say…. Well all good since it is working now but i would so much like to know what happened to it…
So here we go, my usual “chatty” week review – make sure you follow me on Instagram to get all the updates during the week 😉
*5 PICTURES = 5000 WORDS FROM THE WEEK*
- Snack attack!!!! Sometimes around 3ish I just get really hungry and tired, and I feel like i really need something sweet! And of course I got nothing but tons of work… So I have come up with this little snack which is less than 100 calories (but how’s counting right?!?!?) for both crackers with this AMAZING coconut oil! Yum yum!! What? What do you mean not everyone has coconut oil in their desk food stash ?!?! :O
- Trying some pilates 🙂 Not too bad, especially if your legs are totally sore from leg day the day before 🙂
- Got a new foam roller!!! Oh this thing can work magic on my legs #happyface !!
- My very first run in a tank top and shorts!!! Yay!!! Spring finally found it’s way to London!
- Look at this sky… so pretty! The days are getting longer AND brighter!
* 5 AWESOME (RUNNING-RELATED) READS*
- I found this post pretty cool with many ideas on where to “hide” your extra layers if you are running
- Very motivational article on women’s running about not running scared.
- Do you try to negative split your races? Here are some pros and cons of running races this way 🙂
- I have heard of many people who do a stride-analysis and that helps them with better running form. I would be curious to try it…
- And this is an old one but good from Dorothy Beal. 26.2 motivational quotes to help you get through your race. –> this is my favourite for mile 24: “The marathon’s about being in contention over the last 10K. That’s when it’s about what you have in your core. You have run all the strength, all the superficial fitness out of yourself, and it really comes down to what’s left inside you. To be able to draw deep and pull something out of yourself is one of the most tremendous things about the marathon.” ~ Rob de Castella
As for weekend plans, nothing extreme over here… Saturday will be pizza and Jurassic park marathon at a friend’s place and Sunday a bit of food prep 🙂
What are your weekend plans? Anything exciting going on???