Hello friends 🙂 🙂
I hope you all had a great week so far… I know I’ve missed a few High Five Fridays lately, and to be totally honest, this is because there weren’t many good things happening around here 😦 I have been trying very hard to see the positive in all the things that life threw at us the past few weeks. With two of my closest family/friends having health issues and major surgeries and other bad news that just kept coming it has been a pretty tough few weeks… But things are looking up now for all of us, and life goes on 🙂 And this girl is BACK 😀 Because for all of you that don’t know me very well, no matter how much i hate falling down, I always (ALWAYS) get back up! no matter how many times I get pushed down by life, work, health issues, at the end I WIN 😀 So enough said, let’s get this party started, I’ll link up with my friend Angela over at Happy Fit Mama and let’s spread ALL the positives vibes we can!!!
*5 PICTURES = 5000 WORDS FROM THE WEEK*
(not all of them are from this week but still… Happy smiles!)
- (almost) 11.5 miles today and all that BEFORE I even had breakfast/ went to work 😮 ! Remember how i was saying I wanted to be a morning runner? Well that’s a start right???? LOL! Met my new running buddy, Corey the blogger from Learning Patience , at 6 am and went for a 12 mile run from our neighbourhood all the way to big Ben and back 🙂 Also Corey was really awesome and she let me borrow her Garmin (hence the pic) since I forgot to charge mine (what a surprise @mymamus would say LOL) and it died mid-run… Thanks Corey 😉
- My shake out 2 mile run last week. It was SO HOT, London with 32C isn’t fun!!
- Great news —> I passed my transfer viva and I am OFFICIALLY a 2nd year PhD student! Yeah!! 1 year down 2 to go!
- The view by the river from my last long run 🙂 Pretty ain’t it?? But oh soooo hot!
- See this face? This almost smile? Well this is me at mile 5.5 out of 11. I was almost in tears, I ended up walking for at least half a mile and I wanted to quit. I called @mymamus at least 3 times saying that I CAN NOT do this… But you know what, after a few sips of water and a bit of walking I started running again and at the end I saw this run through! Not one of my best ones but I still learnt/remembered quite a few things! Like: It is OK to walk!! That does NOT make you a failure! Or do not miscalculate the weather and hydrate properly!
*5 THINGS I AM GRATEFUL FOR*
- The fact that both my loved ones with health issues are now well and on the road for recovery!
- Having THE BEST man next me! I couldn’t have possibly go through these past weeks without his love ❤ and support! Thanks baby :*
- Running buddies (old and new ones) and friends for listening to my rants and being there for me!
- My WORK! I know work and I haven’t been seeing eye to eye lately but this is all about to change! I love science and I know that what I do is important and it matters! Even though it is really hard to remember sometimes when things are not working…
- My two feet! I know it sounds weird but i am grateful that I am ABLE (and healthy) to run all the distance, and of course complain about it later LOL, and still feel good!
Well, that’s all for now friends 🙂 I hope you all enjoy your Friday! It is rainy and humid around here but who cares!! It is still Friday! I am working this weekend! But who cares… It is still Friday!!! 😀 LOL…